Once upon a time there was a car manufacturer. One day he proposed to double his workers wages. The business community was stunned. Was this man insane? A socialist? Did he not understand the laws of economics? Surely his business would instantly go bankrupt and nothing more would be heard of him. In response he simply pointed out that with a wage increase his workers could now afford to buy the cars they made.
- On what basis do skills in the military make someone a qualified teacher? Why is an ethos based on military obedience good for learning? 54 minutes ago
- Gove's plan for network of military-style state schools to encourage competitiveness. This is such a terrible idea... soa.li/84FO8mE 56 minutes ago
- RT @DuncanStott: IMF calls for tax penalties on land banks. Could start by treating land with housing permission as an empty home for counc… 2 hours ago
- RT @AbBrightman: Nicola Blackwood MP, representing Oxford West & Abingdon, voted against #EqualMarriage. I look forward to campaigning agai… 2 hours ago
- Interesting insight into Miliband's ideology: debate is not between capitalism & socialism, but types of capitalism newstatesman.com/politics/2013/… 2 hours ago