Once upon a time there was a car manufacturer. One day he proposed to double his workers wages. The business community was stunned. Was this man insane? A socialist? Did he not understand the laws of economics? Surely his business would instantly go bankrupt and nothing more would be heard of him. In response he simply pointed out that with a wage increase his workers could now afford to buy the cars they made.
- Peter Higgs interview: 'I have this kind of underlying incompetence' gu.com/p/3y2k3/tw 4 days ago
- Just remember what many Tories thought of Nelson Mandela in the apartheid years- we should not let them off the hook. gu.com/p/3gq7e/tw 5 days ago
- Nelson Mandela, 1964: 'I am prepared to die' - audio recording of speech at sabotage trial gu.com/p/3ggfk/tw 5 days ago
- Not meant to be on twitter as I have too much work, but I want to pay tribute to Nelson Mandela, one of the greatest people of my lifetime. 5 days ago
- RT @timleunig: As we look forward to Christmas, this is surely the most exciting graph in the world: brookings.edu/research/inter… 1 week ago